The greatest experience, the one which shakes a soul with hopes and fears, the results of which are never ending, and incidentally, the one which pays the biggest dividends, is to be found in the adoption of children.
--Anonymous

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I've never had an affinity for spiders......

.....in fact, I can probably say I loath spiders. They're creepy! I know they have their place in the "great circle of life" but regardless, they make me shiver. But,come on now, how much trouble can one spider cause????? Well, I'll tell ya, a whole heck of a lot! The other morning, Kelsey was leaving for school. She was backing her cute little Toyota Solara convertible out of the drive when she felt a spider crawling on her. She immediately jumped out of the car. Did she take the time to put the car in park first? No! She realized that when the open door hit her as it was rolling off the back of the built up turn around area of the drive way. Being the athlete she is, and not wanting her beautiful car to roll into our pond, she jumped back into the car (which was still in reverse) and slammed her foot on the break, at least that's what she meant to do. By mistake, she slammed her foot on the gas and you can probably all see what's going to happen next. The door was still open, it hooked on a near by tree which spun the car around causing it to hit several other trees. Every side of her car has damage! Unbelievable! Thank God, Kelsey is fine! I really don't know the fate of the spider, nor do I care. The car, on the other hand, is in need of a major repair.......to the tune of $4,764.00. I didn't think to take pictures before it left on the tow truck. It was all such an unbelievable experience, it never crossed my mind that I may want some sort of photographic memoir to commemorate the occasion. But now that we're a few days past the event and we can all laugh about it......sort of, it would have been nice to have a picture just to prove exactly how much trouble one spider can cause;)

3 comments:

Parent Coordinator said...

OMG....I am so happy that she is okay - darn spiders!!!!!

Geri said...

OH MY GOSH!! Who'ld a thunk it!?! Thank goodness she's ok and the car did not have to be removed from the pond!! Wouldn't that have been an adventure! Go look at this little doll. This lady is a sweetie, and when I saw the doll, I thought of you and "ET". ;) http://thenickelnook.blogspot.com/2010/10/something-little-different.html

Debbie said...

off topic.....
Can you share your icing recipe with me (for cakes). How do you get your icing so smooth?

Gordon Mote - Don't Miss the Glory