The greatest experience, the one which shakes a soul with hopes and fears, the results of which are never ending, and incidentally, the one which pays the biggest dividends, is to be found in the adoption of children.
--Anonymous

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Today Marks One Year......

...one year since we received the call that we had a referral. I remember the day well. I was down in the lab mixing plaster in a stainless beaker with the beater lid on when the phone rang. I saw FTIA on the ID and all other thoughts went out the window. Ellie told me all of the specifics about our new little answered prayer; her birthday, her weight and information about her life up to that date. All the while, my plaster was setting up in the beaker. It wasn't until a couple of hours later that I realized the fate of my whip mix equipment. That cost me a few hundred dollars, but what a wonderful day!

Our sixth child was on her way. I always wanted six kids and now our family was going to be complete. We thought she would be joining us in about six months, eight months at the most. We never imagined that a year would pass and we would have no idea when our precious little one would be home with us.

It has been a very rough last couple of weeks with no news. We have no idea if anyone has been able to check on Nola or any news of what may happen to our case. Frustrating to say the least!
Our agency is sympathizing with us, but that seems to be about all. I'm thiiisss close to jumping on a plane to go down and see what I can find out for myself. Really wish I had retained more of those two years of High School Spanish.

For now we just wait...............and pray our lawyer has Nola's best interests at heart. We're praying he's doing all he can to have her reunited with her foster family until she can come home with us.

Nola then......

.......and now

We're praying you home baby!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam, Can't even imagine what the last few weeks have been for you. No words can ease the pain or wait. You've waited long enough. Praying, praying, praying for your baby girl to be in your arms forever.

Steph said...

Pam, I am so, so, so sorry and heartbroken that you are going through this. I understand the pain of waiting, but the not knowing...

Always hoping and praying for your family.

Michelle said...

Pam, I can not imagine the emotional strain. I'll keep praying and looking forward to one day rejoicing with you at her homecoming.

Garland Family said...

You are in my prayers. I check your blog frequently hoping for some good news. I can't wait for her to be home with her family.
Melissa

Danny and Brittney said...

Pam,

We WILL get some answers this week. If not, on to plan B. Always thinking of you and your family. Praying Nola is safe and well.

Lisa said...

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you guys and baby Nola.
Sending love and hope your way,
Lisa S.

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

Pam, my heart goes out to you. I add you to my prayers that little Nola gets home soon. Life seems so unfair at times. Keep enjoying the ones you have with you and don't let those special times slip away.

Gordon Mote - Don't Miss the Glory