The greatest experience, the one which shakes a soul with hopes and fears, the results of which are never ending, and incidentally, the one which pays the biggest dividends, is to be found in the adoption of children.
--Anonymous

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Happened!

I can't believe it................I'm a Granny!

The little guy made his debut Tuesday night at 9:53. He weighed in at 8lb, 1oz and he's 21" long. We finally learned his name. Anna and Tim decided to keep the name to themselves until he was born; Riley Kenneth B_ _ _ _ _ . His first name is one that they both loved and his second name is after his Great Papaw, my dad.

Mommy, Daddy and Baby are all doing well. I have learned a very important thing. It was much easier to go through labor myself than it was to watch my daughter go through labor. She did so, so great, but it was hard to watch, knowing exactly what she was feeling. That part of it is all behind her and she has a beautiful baby boy to show for all that hard work.



Of all the pictures, this is my very favorite one. It needs no explanation.

Little Riley, clearing out his lungs...................really well!

Proud Papa!

One happy family!

Aunt Kelsey and Papaw Mark checking out our newest family member.

Our family is praising God and thanking Him for a beautiful healthy baby boy!

Welcome to our world baby Riley!

10 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations, Granny! Welcome to the world Riley!

Danny and Brittney said...

Hip Hip hooray!!! Welcome little Riley. I have been thinking about you all the past few days. COngrats!

The gFamily said...

YAY! Congrats Granny! I remember how hard it was for my mom to watch me go through labor and know there was nothing she could do but pray. She wanted to take all the pain away herself. Moms are such a blessing! You are such a great mother and now grandmother!!

Welcome Riley! You are a gift from the Lord and will make it a Merry Christmas for your whole family!

Guatmama said...

The photos show the joy! Congrats granny...

Lisa said...

Yes, the top photo is phenomenal and to be cherished. Riley is blessed to have such wonderful parents and an amazing extended family. He really is such a cutie pie.
Pam, you'll be the greatest grandma!

Garland Family said...

Congratulations! I am sure he will be a great addition to your family.
Melissa

Susie said...

What a beautiful miracle you received this Christmas...he is absolutely beautiful and perfect! Congratulation...but I still say you are much to young to be a Granny. :) I never stop praying for you and Nola. Hugs, Susie

Michelle said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!! I love the picture of him screaming! He's adorable.
--Jamie

Steph said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Gordon Mote - Don't Miss the Glory