The greatest experience, the one which shakes a soul with hopes and fears, the results of which are never ending, and incidentally, the one which pays the biggest dividends, is to be found in the adoption of children.
--Anonymous

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

YES.....WE'RE STILL ALIVE AND KICKIN'

We've been without Internet services for over two weeks now. Talk about a struggle! That's rough for someone like me who is constantly searching the net for someone who has some good news to share about their adoption. After several days, I finally started believing I could survive without my blog fix, and it's true, I can! I just don't want to. We have a temporary fix in some very slow dial up so until something quicker comes along, I won't be posting. It takes an insane amount of time to wait for sites to load and I just don't have that kind of time to waste.
In family news, two weeks ago we moved my mother-in-law out of our house and into an assisted living apartment. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!! (oops, did I seem a little too happy about that?)....................................(that's because I am!) I love my mother-in-law, but she is the most negative minded person I think I've ever been around in my life. You know, one of those people who always has something hurting, is constantly moaning about something or just generally negative. After a while, that begins to grate on a persons nerves. She lived with us for about two years and even though I felt kind of guilty when we left her in her new apartment, I am so glad to have my house (my home) back!
In adoption news, there's not much. Our judge is back in her office and we think she has received the report she asked for from the PGN. Our lawyer says he expects the judge to rule on our case "within the next several weeks". Knowing that time doesn't mean a lot to some people in Central American Countries, I'm sure not going to hold my breath for "the next several weeks" but at least we have something to hope and pray for. Tomorrow will be four months since Nola was taken from her foster family and we have had absolutely no word on her well being. Not knowing has been the hardest part of this whole situation. Please continue to pray that someone is loving and caring for Nola in the hogar. I'm praying the judge rules in our favor soon and allows Nola to go back to her foster family until the day she gets to come home to us.

Even though I'm dealing with some very slow dial-up, when we get some good news, believe me, I'll find the time to share!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I am looking forward to that post of good news.

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

Hoping you hear good news soon. Prayers for Nola and all the other babies stuck in the mess.

So you don't get any updates on her health, pictures,....can you visit again? How awful!!!

Susie said...

Pam, I check your blog every day for some sort of update from you. It's just good to hear from you. I will never give up on sweet Nola, I believe God and I know you do too. Hugs and blessings, Susie

Steph said...

Ohmygosh! How did you survive??? ;) You are a saint sharing your home with your MIL. I couldn't do it.

Always praying and checking for good news.

Alicia and Jonathan said...

We don't have any news either, basically told the same thing about maybe hearing something in the next six weeks....
I'm going to try to update my blog with some pics from our trip tonight or tomorrow- I've been a slacker!! We're still praying for Nola and everyone else in our situation! Hang in there! :)

Gordon Mote - Don't Miss the Glory