The greatest experience, the one which shakes a soul with hopes and fears, the results of which are never ending, and incidentally, the one which pays the biggest dividends, is to be found in the adoption of children.
--Anonymous

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Valentine Letter To Nola

The Guatemala 900 has asked each of the waiting families to write a Valentine letter to their little one. They are hoping to bring a new awareness to our struggle. A new valentine will be featured on the Guatemala 900 site each day of February. This is my letter to Nola.




To: Nola


From: Mami




I want you to know, every moment of every day, you're in my heart.
In the morning, before I even open my eyes to see the light, I think of you.
I wonder if you're an early riser or if you love staying snuggled
in your bed until the last possible moment.
Through the day, little things turn my mind to you.
When I'm picking up your sister's toys around the house, I wonder,
do you have a favorite toy you like to play with? or a favorite color or outfit
you like to wear? Do you like to have your hair brushed and fixed or
could you care less about such things?
It's sad that I'm your mami and I don't know the answers.
When the night comes, that's when I think of you most.
When the house is quiet and there are no distractions, I pray for you.
I pray that someone in the hogar holds you close and kisses your little cheek each night.
I pray someone looks into your sparkling eyes and marvels at the
special little girl you are.
I pray that someone loves to hear that little squeal in your laugh
almost as much as I do.
But most of all, I pray that the time comes soon when we can bring you home,
when we can hold you close and never let you go
and make sure you know how very very much you're loved and adored.
We all love you and miss you so much sweetheart
and we won't stop working until you're home where you belong.
Te amo mi hija!


6 comments:

Guatmama said...

scould not have been sweeter

Parent Coordinator said...

This is a beautiful Valentine letter. I really do hope that the junta gets to work on your case! (((HUGS)))

Danny and Brittney said...

Me too, Nola. Te amo!!!!!!!! Can't wait until Aunt B gets to hold you again. Your Mama is working super hard to bring you home. You are one super loved little girl.

Garland Family said...

Fighting back tears. I will continue to pray for you, Nola and your family.

The gFamily said...

That is a the most beautiful Valentine I have read! Precious Nola, we are praying for you! You are SO loved by SO many people!

DFNY said...

Teary-eyed here...what a beautiful expression of your love for Nola. Praying for you and that sweet baby girl.

Damaris

Gordon Mote - Don't Miss the Glory