The greatest experience, the one which shakes a soul with hopes and fears, the results of which are never ending, and incidentally, the one which pays the biggest dividends, is to be found in the adoption of children.
--Anonymous

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Budding Artist's Mural Is A Thing Of The Past

After almost 8 months of gracing the wall that leads to my downstairs lab, Mark has decided that Maria's art work has to go. Shortly after our last summer vacation, spent on Florida's Gulf shore, Maria came to me full of excitement and said "Momma, come see what I make.......wook, it's ocean and dolphins!" She was so thrilled with herself and to be honest, I was too. Except for the fact that her beautiful artwork was not on paper as it should have been, but on a 15 foot wall. All the way from one end to the other. Lots of waves and lots of dolphins! Of course, I gave her the "we can't write on the walls" talk but I really loved the picture she created. I decided since nobody really went downstairs except family, I would leave the creation for as long as I could. Today was the end of the line as far as Mark was concerned. He gave the basement walls a coat of fresh paint, much to my dismay. My baby's artistic expression is now hiding under a coat of antique white latex paint. Of course I had to take a picture first so I could remember it forever.

What do you think? Is she the next Monet?

I guess I should add.............there is no adoption news. Still praying, hope you continue to do the same.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Pam! I just seen your posting on my blog. I just love all the wonderful people I have met because of this adoption journey. FYI, I NEVER called Laura because I didnt think getting the wrong info was worth it. We had a 10 week stay in PGN, but praise God, out with NO previews! PGN is moving quick right now, so I am looking forward to seeing your good news post soon. As for Mixco, there was a great posting today on one of the forums regarding Mixco and we have seen BC's coming out this week. God is bigger! I have you saved in my favorites and will be checking in on you. Blessings, Susie

Victoria and Joe said...

Thats awesome... Aren't children great? How can you correct them and be mad when they are so proud?

The gFamily said...

Beautiful! I can't believe anyone would want to paint over it! ;)

Praying!

Lisa said...

Oh no! I was hoping to see the wall the next time I came!

What did Maria say about her artwork disappearing?

Lisasu

Gordon Mote - Don't Miss the Glory